woensdag 2 maart 2011

Galliano's BrainFarts

And so... The fairytale called 'John Galliano for Dior' ends....



I don't know why I feel sorry for him, maybe because I do love his Haute Couture and Ready-To-Wear collections so much. So, for many it's like another designer fell of his high fashion chair... No one can say he isn't wrong for saying what he said, but why do we still question if he should have been sacked (to be blunt)? Do we put the fashion world higher then his insulting and degrading comments? I think we do! And so do Stefano Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Giorgio Armani and many more of these big designers... This little person behind the screen decided she doesn't.

I have to say I was staring at my Maison Dior books, and thinking if I should just put them away, but then I thought... Galliano still had (and maybe in the future will have) a great influence on the fashion industry... Don't forget he put Dior on the map again with his magical and theatrical designs since 1996! I think it was a very hard decision for Sidney Toledano, but still we know we will have another big name to replace Galliano... Speculations are, Riccardo Tisci/Givenchy, Alber Elbaz/Lanvin and Lleta van Gom/SugaRush. Okay, I wish! But we'll see!

John Galliano's last Collection for Maison Dior

Spring/Summer 2011










Winter 2011







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten