dinsdag 1 maart 2011

Margaux Lange Barbie Parts



Margaux Lange will you come and play with me? Like a barbie-play date? Please?!

Just drew out an idea of a barbie chandelier for my apartment, because I couldn't find a good lamp, so I started to collect some old barbies for my 'million dollar project', but I'm still collecting till this day. If you hadn't noticed, I am also asking you for some barbies people! But maybe it is a idea to ask Margaux Lange, because this girl makes me, and all girls (and don't lie, you're still reminiscing the days when you were careless and free to play with them) jealous! She started a Plastic Body Series art jewelry collection that doesn't make you morn the barbie who was taken apart.



The series is a result of Lange’s desire to re-purpose mass produced materials into handmade, wearable art, combined with her greatest love in the world 'Barbie'!
Margaux has been creating work in this series and exhibiting extensively for nearly 10 years, why didn't I find her earlier!? This collection is young, iconic, nostalgic and so makes you want to play with your own Barbies again (in secret though)...





Margaux took different parts of the doll and made a one of a kind piece of some, and also a high production line, without taking away the beauty of Barbie, she just enhanced her being in a whole different way. And we love her for that. Glad it doesn't look like you are wearing allot of broken body parts!

And this collection came at the right time, because you know Barbie will celebrate her 52nd birthday in March 2011! And I'm still waiting for my invitation!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten